Memorial weekend…the unofficial start of summer. BBQ’s, picnics and family gatherings. During this weekend, be sure to take a moment to remember a Veteran who served to protect us and the great country.
Rates are down a touch this week as the 10-year treasury yields eased. Since it is Memorial Day, I wanted to remind you the benefits of a VA Loan.
- No money down
- Lender or seller credit for costs so Veteran brings in zero dollars to close
- Unlimited loan amounts. Did you know that? We just funded a $2 million VA loan.
- Higher qualifying ratios allowed.
- Detached condos don’t need to be approved by VA like regular condo projects
- A Veteran with a disability of 10% or more will not have a funding fee.
- A Veteran can you their VA loan benefit more than once.
- A surviving spouse may utilize the VA loan benefit.
Rates on VA loans are usually lower than conventional loans. Today’s conforming 30 year fixed VA loan is around 3.75% with no points and a credit toward costs to keep fees down.
It is my honor to help Veterans get home loans. I have contacts with Mortgage Reps that are "Certified Military Housing Specialists. They will guide you through a VA transaction. Treat it like a regular transaction and I will take care of the details.
George S Patton said “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men and women who died. Rather, we should thank God that such people lived.”
Have a blessed weekend and let us know if we can help in any way.
NOTE: This information is from Dean Rathbun - www.AvisMortgage.com
For more information, contact me, Teresa Nelle R(S) at 808 283-4922 or Teresa@IslandSotheby'sRealty.com for all your real estate needs.