If you are planning on making your way back home to the islands or planning a visit in the near future, here are some updates on the Hawai'i travel restrictions and protocol.
Beginning August 1st, Gov. David Ige announced that travelers who are coming from out of state must show proof of a negative result from a valid COVID-19 test prior to arrival in the Islands. This will allow them to avoid the 14-day quarantine upon entering Hawai'i. Those who are unable to take the test or chose not to will be mandated to take part in the quarantine process.
Click below for more details and information on this new program.
You can find additional information at the links below:
● Hawaii Department of Transportation: https://hidot.hawaii.gov/coronavirus/
● Maui County Covid-19 Updates: https://www.mauicounty.gov/2370/COVID-19-Coronavirus-Information
● Maui Now News Network: https://mauinow.com/category/coronavirus/
● State of Hawaii Covid-19 Website: https://hawaiicovid19.com/
● Safe Travels: https://safetravels.hawaii.gov/
● Travel Information and Interisland Travel Forms: https://health.hawaii.gov/travel/