Nestled upon the slopes of Haleakala rests the prestigious Haku Baldwin Center, standing as a home for The Maui Horse Show Association and countless Maui equestrians over the past 25 years. Founded in 1989, MHSA is an outstanding resource in the community by allowing members to competitively and casually work with their horses for sport and recreation.
The association is truly a hidden gem on the island. What started with a few members, is now a growing community on Maui! Run completely by volunteers, MHSA owes it all to the dedicated community that works hard so others may continue to take advantage of this precious resources. They work hard to ensure the highest level of welfare for all Maui horses and ponies.
With such amazing participant numbers, MHSA is able to host clinics and forums for the community that are often taught by highly skilled and knowledgeable professionals in the field.
“We sanction shows and offer clinics in the Hunter, Jumper, and Western Riding disciplines. We have been offering clinics in Working Equitation as well, which is becoming more and more popular on our little island!”
MHSA focuses on creating a space for riders to compete under fair and safe guidelines as well as in a fun environment. One of the many amazing attributes of this association is how riders are able to compete in the United States Hunter Jumper Association’s (USHJA) Outreach Program. This means that even though a rider may only be competing on Maui, a tiny island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, they can earn credited national points while participating at a local level.
For many people on Maui, they are not aware of this amazing resource on the island. We would like to highlight the MHSA and share the incredible things they do for its members and the community. We urge you to take a look at the upcoming events and attend one in the coming weeks to share in the aloha and experience Maui equine.
Maui Horse Show Association & Hawai’i State Dressage Society Event Schedule 2020
- Saturday, April 4th - Haku Baldwin Center Dressage Show sanctioned by HSDS with Judge Lisa Le Sourd
- Saturday, April 2rth (Rain Date: May 2nd) - MHSA Hunter/Jumper Show at Haku Baldwin Center with Judge Lisa Le Sourd
- Saturday, May 16th - MHSA Western Horsemanship Clinic at Tom Morrow Equestrian Center - Clinicians TBA
- Saturday, May 30th - Haku Baldwin Center Rummage & Tack Sale
- Saturday, June 13th - MHSA Benefit Trail Ride at Haleakala Ranch
- Saturday, August 22nd - MHSA Western Schooling Show at Kaonoulu Ranch - Judge TBA
- Saturday, September 12th (Rain Date: September 19th) - MHSA Hunter/Jumper Show at Haku Baldwin Center with Judge TBD
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday, October 8th, 9th, 10th - Dressage Clinic with Stephany Fish at Haku Baldwin Center
- Saturday, October 24th - MHSA Halloween Jumper/Gymkhana Fun Dat at Haku Baldwin Center
- Saturday, November - Date TBA - Haku Baldwin Center Dressage Show sanctioned by HSDS - Judge TBA
For more info, visit MHSA’s website at mauihorseshow.com or check them out on Facebook or email at firstname.lastname@example.org